Starbucks Spicing Up Fall with PSL

Let’s face it, we all get excited when the Pumpkin Spice Latte returns every year. But what makes this seasonal drink so popular?pumpkin-spice-latte-with-pumpkins-600

Is it that it’s exclusively available September through December? Or possibly because it reminds us of our favorite holidays and the most anticipated time of the year?

Whatever, Starbucks has created a worldwide phenomenon with its Pumpkin Spice Latte, now known as the “PSL.” They have perfected its flavors, added real pumpkin and created social media buzz that is more prominent than ever before.

The Starbucks PR team has taken their strategy a step further by creating a Twitter account for the drink, which has attracted more than 100,000 followers.

Beyond that, they have published exclusive videos and posts to their Twitter account that teased Starbucks lovers to wait for some exciting news.

On Sept 8th, the news rang out — the PSL was back on the menu, two weeks earlier than expected!

Starbucks has kept their connection with fans and the buzz alive in the last few days by responding to every customer who has hashtagged “PSL” on his or her own Twitter account. Impressive right?

The PSL is connecting coffee lovers around the globe and creating an interaction among PSL fans that will keep them coming back for more.

This entry was posted in azpire. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Starbucks Spicing Up Fall with PSL

1. Taylor Holmes says:

As a social media lover, I think that Starbucks made a great decision to continue hyping up the Pumpkin Spice Latte by creating a special Twitter account for the drink. While I am not a PSL lover, I can appreciate that Starbucks has a good sense of humor. The account is unique to Starbucks and will increase awareness of the brand and its iconic drinks during the fall and winter seasonsz This account will create incredible amounts of user-generated content that can give Starbucks a real advantage in the coffee world (as if they didn’t have one already!).

2. Allyson Gerrard says:

It’s very impressive how the PSL became such a big deal for Starbucks. Who knows if there will ever be a fall season where they don’t offer this drink. If you mention a pumpkin spice latte to anyone, Starbucks would the only brand that comes to mind. What’s funny is that any coffee shop could create the same concoction. Maybe it wouldn’t be the same? I noticed that this year Starbucks created an official Instagram for the PSL. It currently has 16 posts and about 17.7k followers. I personally have never tried the PSL. I’ve held off on it for so long because of it’s annoying popularity, but I’ve been reconsidering my decision because of all the hype. I need to know what’s so great about it…