What’s In Your Wallet? Mobile Apps

In this digital age, there are numerous ways technology is revolutionizing things we do in our daily lives. For example, now it is possible to store your personal credit card information in your smartphone to use at retail stores and restaurants.

Isis Mobile WalletOne of the latest ventures has been to expand the digital wallet sector through a company called Isis Mobile Wallet. Isis recently teamed up with mobile phone providers to expand the use of their free smartphone app. They’ve managed to catch the attention of many cities around the U.S. with their latest marketing campaign in partnership Verizon Wireless – leaving unattended wallets in conspicuous areas such as walkways on university campuses and city sidewalks.

This campaign rewards those who pick up the wallets left in everyday locations by giving them a chance to win $4,000. The rules are simple: take a picture with the fake $1,000 bills placed in the wallet, post to social media using the hashtags #PayWithIsis and your specified city, and you’re entered in the drawing.

isis walletThe main idea behind this campaign is to encourage smartphone users to download the Isis app and leave their wallets at home.

Verizon Isis TweetThere has been some controversy surrounding mobile wallet security while the use of such apps continues to grow. The technology news site Daze Info recently posted an article stating that the number of mobile wallet users may grow to 71 million by 2017 – that’s a big increase from 8 million users in 2012. That also means more possible threats of identity theft, according to the Daze Info article.

What do you think of this campaign? Would you download an app that stores your credit information, even if it claims to be secure?

This entry was posted in LLPR and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to What’s In Your Wallet? Mobile Apps

1. Valerie Nunez says:

This campaign is definitely interesting and attention-grabbing, but I would probably not download an app like this. I worry about how much information I store on my phone, and I don’t even have an Amazon app because it’s worth the extra security to log on with my computer.