Is Bieber Next Troubled Teen Star?

When you think about Justin Bieber, you may think of his boyish good looks, his catchy songs or more recently, his constant public blunders that have many wondering, is he the next Lindsay Lohan?

Justin

In the past few months, Bieber has attracted negative press for his erratic behavior such as showing up to concerts late, fainting at a show and walking around shirtless when inappropriate, for example at the airport.

Most recently, Bieber was accused of making threats to a neighbor and spitting in his face. The police are investigating the matter.

His behavior has left people thinking that he may be on the verge of a meltdown or is falling victim to the teen star curse afflicting former child stars such as Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes.

justin airport

In an interview with US Weekly Bieber commented on his bizarre behavior:

“I’m young and I make mistakes. That’s part of growing up, I mess up sometimes. It’s part of growing up.”

As a public relations practitioner, how would you handle Bieber’s current image problem? Do you even think it is a problem at all? Or just a teenager growing up in the public eye and making the same mistakes as other teens his age?

This entry was posted in Volt PR and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.