Since I was in kindergarten all the way until my senior year of college, I have noticed the overwhelming amount of times that I’ve wanted/needed a power nap. This mostly occurs right after lunch, around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. and usually while sitting in an (uninteresting) lecture or a (boring) internship. Does anybody else feel this way?
This article shows proof that catching a few zzzz’s can do amazing things for your body, especially for us sleep-deprived college students.
According to the Ririan Project blog, researchers have shown that the human body requires only as much sleep as the brain allows. So basically the body can survive on little sleep and doesn’t always need that set “8-hour” rest that is recommended. Though the brain can run at full capacity without much sleep, a short 20-minute nap can give it the “full tank of gas” that it needs.
I know when I can sneak in a power nap, my day seems so much brighter. I can actually think through difficult online quizzes, endure long class lectures, and even finish the day without an energy drink! It’s amazing!
10 Benefits of the POWER nap:
- Less stress.
- Increased alertness and productivty. (This is good for constructing client campaigns).
- Improved memory and learning. (Good for memorizing our final presentation script).
- Good for the heart. (Will be able to LOVE our clients).
- Increased cognitive functioning.
- Get motivated to exercise. ( May motivate us to take the stairs rather than the elevator).
- Boost your creativity. (Will help in creating client slogan/theme).
- Make up for midnight tossing and turning. (And for those evil campaigns nightmares).
- Protect yourself from sleepiness. (inside the classroom of course).
- Better health.
So how can we achieve this goal of taking a power nap when we are at school?
Here’s my proposed solution. Introducing… (drum roll please?)
THE SLEEP BOX!!!
Introduced on the Billionaire Boy’s Club blog, the Sleepbox mini hotel could be a fantastic addition to any work space. And since much work takes place at universities, WHY NOT host it here?
The Sleep Box is equipped with a comfortable bed, an automatic bed linen changer, built-in LCD TV, WiFi, and sockets for laptops and phone chargers. It’s intended primarily to perform one main function — to enable a person to sleep peacefully. But with anything else this amazing, there is a cost per nap. We’ll get Cronkite to take care of this.
Perhaps we can have Cronkite students sign a petition to have these Sleep Boxes established in our beautiful facitility. The fresh effects of power naps will surely spark innovation and much needed creativity. WHO’S WITH ME?